/pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Habbenings, news and serious stuff
ReturnCatalog
Reply
4096 characters remaining.
Max file size:3.00 MB, Max files:3
MOST REDPILLED MAN TO EVER INHABIT EARTHanon7bcf72
08/11/2019 (Sun) 12:16:5712548Mod
>this is based shankaracharya thread
anon2e40e108/11/2019 (Sun) 16:23:1012553Mod
>>12548
What was based about him

anon9d53c708/11/2019 (Sun) 18:09:1612564Mod
>>12553
He is to Hinduism and Indian philosophy what Augustine is to Christianity and Western philosophy I guess.

anon2e40e108/11/2019 (Sun) 18:33:2412565Mod
>>12564
I don't know any of them

anon2c3e6608/11/2019 (Sun) 18:59:0412566Mod
>>12564
Literally who is the literally who of literally what.

anon1a110408/11/2019 (Sun) 19:04:3912567Mod
>>12564
i see youre from the pol thread faggot
getting info from the swede kek

anon6ff86a08/12/2019 (Mon) 01:32:1112571Mod
>>12564
>Comparing him to some Western and christcuck fucktards who he wouldn't even consider on his level instead of desi boyos like nagarjuna who he did consider his competetior

anon0153ea08/12/2019 (Mon) 02:38:1812573Mod
>>12548
He is a BASED MALLU BVLL

anonc8983708/12/2019 (Mon) 06:23:5412575Mod
>>12548
Why this nigga got white barcodes all over his body

anon2e40e108/12/2019 (Mon) 06:24:5712576Mod
>>12575
It's dried up semen of dalit BVLLS

anon642a9208/12/2019 (Mon) 06:33:0912579Mod
>>12548
He did nothing useful to anyone.

anon6ff86a08/12/2019 (Mon) 07:42:2412583Mod
>>12579
he came up with wisdom nukes of such great potentiality that could btfo the entire western shitshow and the fallout would leave everyone in happiness, equanimity and meaningful prosperity. you just have to rise to his level.

anon06bbf108/12/2019 (Mon) 10:03:5712584Mod
>>12579
Single handedly dismantled Buddhism

anone28d2b08/12/2019 (Mon) 17:09:4612600Mod
>>12583
But you don't tell even one instance showing how he's so special.

anon6ff86a08/12/2019 (Mon) 17:31:4712601Mod
>>12600
>started the scholastic phase of indian thought with his iron clad metaphysical framework
>united all traditions under new umbrella of smarta
>declared that jnana yoga is the supreme path in this age of kaliyuga

anonae1e0708/13/2019 (Tue) 12:16:2112645Mod
>>12548
bump

anon9ed02608/13/2019 (Tue) 18:32:3812652Mod
Based shankuda

anon3cec9808/18/2019 (Sun) 17:26:4112791Mod
>>12548
He revitalised Hinduism in India, basically, hinduism was becoming extinct since the advent of buddhism, so Adi Shankaracharya came as a GOD and changed India

anon642a9208/19/2019 (Mon) 04:30:2112804Mod
>>12791
Lmao there was no identity marker term hinduism or hindutva or any similar equivalent during his times. There were myriad veda based religions.

anon642a9208/19/2019 (Mon) 04:32:3012805Mod
>>12601
Yeah yeah so what's useful in it? Philosophy is useless.

anonfbd4f508/19/2019 (Mon) 04:36:5312806Mod
>>12791
I would have rather have a Buddhist India than a Hindu one.

anon8290cf08/19/2019 (Mon) 04:47:0112807Mod
well, buddhist afghanistan is not so buddist anymore

anondd34d008/19/2019 (Mon) 04:54:3612808Mod
>>12791
Only A BASED MALLU BVLL like him is capable of something like that

anon3ac1f408/19/2019 (Mon) 05:43:2212811Mod
>>12806
Stfu faggot

anond0125f08/19/2019 (Mon) 11:38:5712818Mod
>>12804
Well his achievement would be being able to combine various tantric, agamic, puranic & adivasi grand narratives with vedantism as well as evolve vedantism into a universalist monist philosophy that can compete intellectually with Buddhism which was popular among the intellectual elites during those times.
>>12805
Nigger, read some history. The modernity you enjoy today is resultant of enlightenment and continental philosophy that emerged in Europe during the 18th century. To day philosophy is completely useless shows how uninformed you are.

anond0125f08/19/2019 (Mon) 11:40:1912819Mod
>>12807
So is Hindu Pakistan

anon567b2108/19/2019 (Mon) 11:52:0912820Mod
>>12818
>The modernity you enjoy today is resultant of enlightenment and continental philosophy that emerged in Europe during the 18th century.
And how exactly is Adi Sankara responsible for any of it? Besides, Indian philosophy is kind of lame compared to it's european counterpart. In my studies of indic philosophy and mathematics I have observed that our philosophers were far less rigorous than their Greek/european counterparts. They gave too much importance to the authority of shastras/Vedas and too little importance to observation and inference. Even in brihadaranyaka upanishad, Yajnavalkya claims Brahman to be beyond observation and claims that any one trying argue over it's nature will go to hell. The effects of this conformist nature were visible even in later Hindu mathematics. Sridhara never gave proof of his quadratic formula. And the later mathematicians starting from Bhaskara-2 to Nilakantha Somyajin also did not properly build up their proto-calculus compared to Newton/Leibniz. Perhaps this intellectual laziness was the reason the scientific revolution happened in West instead of here.

anon87653908/19/2019 (Mon) 12:25:1512824Mod
>>12820
>>12818
>>12805
the state of memechaners

anon1e642e08/19/2019 (Mon) 14:08:2412828Mod
>>12824
You know, prod Indian philosophy advocates like you never actually put forth any arguments. I know low IQ people tend to not have the ability to actually analyze the foundations of their beliefs but why shit up threads you're obviously not qualified to participate in, if you are low IQ?

anon87653908/19/2019 (Mon) 14:25:0012830Mod
>>12828
i don't care
how do you even educate a stupid person with hubris it's impossible
try to approach with a less insolent attitude when you're actually ready to learn

3B9eb85608/19/2019 (Mon) 14:27:3812831Mod
>>12828
Not him ,but making a long statement is not equals to creating a valid point.
> Indian philosophy advocates like you never actually put forth any arguments
have you read any philosophical argument theory like mimamsa.? i doubt you never did. you have read few of the books or may have completed a course in arts but in India even art graduates do not know the shastras. shastras are filled with philosophy that even arrogant fag like you wont be able to understand.

>>12820
> Indian philosophy is kind of lame compared to it's european counterpart
>And the later mathematicians starting from Bhaskara-2 to Nilakantha Somyajin also did not properly build up their proto-calculus compared to Newton/Leibniz.
oh come on now India was a known for its Philosophy and mathematics. every algebra books were translated in dessert language then translated to french. India was advance in science and medical science. India was superior in every way . Greek philosophy is dry but Indian philosophy is huge with mind sciences.
> Perhaps this intellectual laziness was the reason the scientific revolution happened in West

invention of "safety valve" made industrial revolution and then Indians became poor because they could not compete with machines, which made them improve in their philosophy and mathematics. now they are advanced , but that does not mean that Indian philosophy is lame. yes there are more philosophical studies in west now but west took many elements from eastern philosophies.

anon596cbc08/19/2019 (Mon) 14:55:3612833Mod
>>12831
Your diligence in defending literally every aspect of Indian culture(no matter how retarded) would be almost admirable if you didn't type like a schizo. Nevertheless, I will indulge you.
>oh come on now India was a known for its Philosophy and mathematics. every algebra books were translated in dessert language then translated to french. India was advance in science and medical science. India was superior in every way . Greek philosophy is dry but Indian philosophy is huge with mind sciences.
This is literally WhatsApp bhaktbhangi tier statement. Yes India was a place from where other cultures took philosophical/mathematical knowledge from. Do you know how much they absorbed from others? Chinks were the ones that came up with gunpowder/compass/printing press. Most tenets of civilization were taken from Sumerians/Iranians/Romans. Indian contributions to civilization are positively paltry compared to them.
Coming onto Indian philosophy, there are a few texts that are rigorous(Vaisesika sutra comes to mind) but most of them feel like mad ramblings of priests tripping on hallucigens. Most philosophers never went anywhere with their conceptions of brahmana. For all the praise about vidya or vijnana not one of these texts comes anywhere close to applying scientific method. Aristotles Ethics is a far superior work than most of it's Indian parallels. The only reason germanics/anglos became so interested in upanishads was because how similar their propositions sounded to the Christian positions on nature of God. But once ww2 ended and people started becoming morre and more atheistic even that fascination went away. In hindsight we DO now know the reason for those similarities- Christian memeplex devoured neoplatonism which was Greco-Roman cognate of samkhya system of thought. It is true that neoplatonism could very well have been inspired from the teachings of brahmanas who brought samkhya/yoga to those regions. However that still doesn't exchange the fact that the Indian shastras weren't built on rigorous foundations.
Since you are a continuously indignant retard that doesn't actually know anything about anything. I will elaborate myself here.
Most schools of thought( be it metaphysics or mathematics) are built on axioms. Axioms are statements that are taken to be obvious. Assuming them to be true we draw conclusions and inferences and develop theorems and corollaries. This has been so since the time Euclid- his work is still considered important for that very reason. Can you name me One shastra that properly builds up its arguments from a fundamental set of axioms? And no Panini's ashtadhyayi doesn't count. It's not a philosophical text at all.

anon1e642e08/19/2019 (Mon) 15:24:2712834Mod
>>12830
I've done so previously, I'm not the guy here. I countered your points but you people either did ad hominems or just stated your beliefs without addressing one of my points. This overreliance on received texts is a marker of a shit tier philosophy, literally Semitic brand of theology LARPing as philosophy. The Greeks and the Renaissance Europeans never did so, even theists like Hume weren't using the Bible and its sacredness to avoid all questions as Vedantins here did. Vedantins were of course not the only ones who did this shit, Buddhism and Jainism is the same shit as well.

anonf3b48308/19/2019 (Mon) 15:31:5312835Mod
>>12834
>I countered your points but you people either did ad hominems or just stated your beliefs without addressing one of my points.
Lmao literally every single time you got BTFO and ran away. Don't play coy here Sasanka, the last time every single argument of yours was countered. You have a habit of deflecting far more than vedantins.

anond9e28308/19/2019 (Mon) 15:31:5512836Mod
>>12834
are you that anime posting simp

anon0788af08/19/2019 (Mon) 15:37:3412837Mod
>>12836
That is me bhosdu

3B9eb85608/19/2019 (Mon) 15:42:1012838Mod
>>12833
>Most schools of thought( be it metaphysics or mathematics) are built on axioms
> fundamental set of axioms?
yes i know, being a mathematics graduate i know what axioms are , but there re different axioms to different theories. and all the meta math started in 20th century. you have to fix which timeline is your target work. all the godel or tuning came in 20th. there is no fundamental axioms of universal theory , every theory has different axioms. classical mechanics dont follow quantum axioms but that does not mean classical mechanics is inferior.

here in your post you are wrong that scientific invention need philosophy. inventions like gun power or safety valve did not need any philosophy.
look you may have read al the western philosophy but you have zero knowledge what axioms are and the difference between theory and science.

anone4fdbe08/19/2019 (Mon) 15:49:2312839Mod
>>12836
Don't use the word 'simp'
It's exclusively for me

anon7078a408/19/2019 (Mon) 15:53:3912840Mod
>>12835
Really? Remind me what the counter to overreliance on unsubstantiated truisms across Indian philosophy was.

anon87653908/19/2019 (Mon) 16:00:5812841Mod
>>12838
it's actually the opposite you don't need science for technology or invention

btw how do you manage to be even more cringe than the 'i fucking love science' posters

3B9eb85608/19/2019 (Mon) 16:07:2412842Mod
>>12841
>it's actually the opposite you don't need science for technology or invention
isnt that the same thing I am saying?

>i fucking love science' posters
when did i say that "i love xyz"?

anon87653908/19/2019 (Mon) 16:10:5512843Mod
>>12842
no you just come across as someone who likes to lap up people's assholes idk

>>12840
something isn't unsubstantiated just because it doesn't follow your reductive idea of substantiation you stupid fuck

anonca965108/19/2019 (Mon) 16:12:3712844Mod
>>12843
Are you that based bengali essay poster(not this cringe bhodroloki bhangi bengali namefag).

anonf3b48308/19/2019 (Mon) 16:14:0012845Mod
>>12840
Shastras are often focused on different things. If you want logical rigour than Visheshika and Nyaya are the texts for you. Of course in order to criticise them, you will need to have read texts belonging to either path. It's not like translations are lacking. You could pick up Visheshika sutra right now if you want. Besides shastras were frequently elaborated upon in commentries by scholars such as Sayana or Adi Shankara who built up on their knowledge. The fact that you haven't actually read anything is the biggest hurdle in your path

3B9eb85608/19/2019 (Mon) 16:18:2512846Mod
>>12843
stop projecting.

anon7078a408/19/2019 (Mon) 16:21:2112847Mod
>>12843
If you use your own framework to substantiate your own arguments you have zero claim to supremacy over alternate arguments. That's fantasy, not philosophy.

anon87653908/19/2019 (Mon) 16:24:1612848Mod
>>12847
the irony

anon7078a408/19/2019 (Mon) 16:27:3712850Mod
>>12845
Both schools talk about liberation and Karma, received truths. Epistemology or metaphysics is baby's first philosophy, it's nice that they didn't add vedas to epistemology like others but nothing they say requires much thought.

I haven't read the original texts but I've read some summarizing works on them, even translation is a pain to read when I find nothing simulating in the text. By contrast, though the language was difficult, I got hooked on Critique of Pure Reason since it posed questions I hadn't already arrived at answers to.

anon7078a408/19/2019 (Mon) 16:32:0912851Mod
>>12848
2B+ people across the world have received truths that tell them you're a devil worshipper, 1.8B have ones that tell them to kill you whenever they can. Their worldview has the same degree of legitimacy as yours.

anonf3b48308/19/2019 (Mon) 16:53:5212853Mod
>>12850
>Muh Kant
You do know that faggy Kraut lived in post Renaissance era bright? Of course he will appear far more reasonable than 1st millennium BC texts. Before Islam ruined the subcontinent, Kashmir was having several pioneers in Nyaya-visheshika modes of thought. A notable poet was Mammata who noted:
niyati-shaktyA niyata-rUpA sukha-duHkha-moha-svabhAvA paramANv-AdyupAdAna-karmAdi-sahakAri-kAraNa-paratantrA ShaDrasA na cha hR^idyaiva taiH tAdR^ishI brahmaNo nirmitir-nirmANam
It can be roughly translated as:
The construction constructed by brahman (the world) is controlled by the natural laws, form governed by laws, has the subjective experiential nature of pleasure, pain and illusion, and its existence is the consequence of matter and its interactions, respectively the atomic particles and forces; it has only 6 tastes (rasas) and these too not always of a pleasant nature.
The word niyati from the brAhmaNa period has been used to describe the natural laws.
Or hell even the works of Bhatta-Jayanta who laid out the Hindu method of science. In discussing how a siddhAnta (paradigm) is established the nyAya-vaisheShika tradition explains that for every upapatti (observed phenomenon) one develops a kalpanA (a tentative theory), which is tested (nIrNIta) for its ability to explain the facts or observed phenomena and its non-violation of other established observations and valid generalizations. When rival hypothesis are being considered the proposal of a vinigamaka (test) that decided their validity is critical. The absence of testability (vinigamanAviraha) makes them worthless for consideration. Of course the Hindus also incorporated the consideration of kalpanA-lAghava versus kalpanA-gaurava (i.e. known in the west as Occam’s razor) in choosing between two valid hypothesis. Such is the thinking laid out by vAtsyAnana the vaisheShika thinker and expanded by jayanta.
Brajendranath Seal's phD thesis contains a lot more info on the Hindu science.
Of course if you were actually interested in learning you wouldn't be bragging about being smarrter than people who died more than 2000 years ago.

anon642a9208/19/2019 (Mon) 17:09:2412855Mod
Anyone who entertains religious thoughts are low IQs

anon0788af08/19/2019 (Mon) 17:12:2812856Mod
>>12855
> I am an atheist, look how cool I am.
What you want to say
> I am underage
What I hear

3B9eb85608/19/2019 (Mon) 17:15:4212857Mod
>>12855
>religious thoughts
its not religious but about meta theory , ontology and mind science. its okay not to have any understanding about those and think is "religious". and i bet you laarping atheist cant even debate on atheism .

anon642a9208/19/2019 (Mon) 17:22:2312858Mod
>>12857
I'm not atheist. I don't even understand what people mean when they ask me "do you believe in God?" because I don't understand what they mean by God and believing in it.

anon0725b208/19/2019 (Mon) 17:25:0612859Mod
>>12857
Meta physics in hinduism is whatever delusional shit one conjures up when they are high on weed. Dudes don't even understand the physics of this world or how brain biology works and still they to weave funny stories on shit

3B9eb85608/19/2019 (Mon) 17:32:3012860Mod
>>12859
what type of logic is this? do you need to be a brain scientist to talk about metaphysics?

anon0788af08/19/2019 (Mon) 17:33:1412861Mod
>>12859
How high are you? Can't understand anything you wrote.

anon0725b208/19/2019 (Mon) 17:43:5412862Mod
Did ancient Indians knew that earth was flat?

anon0788af08/19/2019 (Mon) 17:46:4712863Mod

anon0725b208/19/2019 (Mon) 17:49:1812864Mod
We need to forsake the term hindu for clarity discourse

anon642a9208/19/2019 (Mon) 17:50:1712865Mod
>>12862
Yeah, they used to believe that earth was flat and supported by eight elephants(astha diggaja) until westerners educated us.

anon0725b208/19/2019 (Mon) 17:52:2712866Mod
>>12865
Oh so this is where rance got inspired from

anonf3b48308/19/2019 (Mon) 17:53:3412867Mod
>>12865
We knew that earth was spherical long before westerners even set foot here retard? Varahamihira and Aryabhatta were calculating orbits of planets long before even the idea of great Britain was formed. Unironically neck yourself

anon4d1dc408/19/2019 (Mon) 17:54:3312868Mod
>>12864
There are broadly three definitions-Hindu as a term to refer to Vedism and their child cults, a generic term for Indian pagans or alternative term for Indian like how RSS want it to be defined.

anon642a9208/19/2019 (Mon) 18:02:0912869Mod
>>12867
>Varahamihira and Aryabhatta were calculating orbits of planets
Even they believed that earth was special and at the centre of the brahmand. They thought tease nakshatra and graha in sky were just adornments by God. They believed in different dimensions.

3B9eb85608/19/2019 (Mon) 18:14:1612870Mod
>>12869
>Even they believed that earth was special and at the centre of the brahmand.
Indians believed in Geocentric and helio centric model combined.
>nakshatra and graha in sky were just adornments by God.
planets are demigods and even earth is demigod. the entire universe is Purusha.

anonf3b48308/19/2019 (Mon) 18:16:2812871Mod
>>12869
No they didn't.
https://manasataramgini.wordpress.com/2012/05/02/pancharatrika-vaishnava-elements-in-the-astronomy-textbook-surya-siddhanta-and-other-notes/
> It is further clarified in the shatapatha brAhmaNa as:
>ayaM vai loko gArhapatyaH | parimaNDala u vA ayam lokaH
>This world, i.e. the earth is the gArhapatya; this world is verily spherical.
But really read through that article. It clears up a lot of misconceptions about Hindu beliefs

anona7168d08/19/2019 (Mon) 18:28:4312872Mod
Ansient india wale itne hoshiyar gnani te toh modern India kyuu harami chutiyon se bara gandha gandh ka land bangaya?

anon87653908/19/2019 (Mon) 18:46:5512873Mod
>>12862
well since the flat view of earth is the basest, most empirical idea of the earth the ancients would have been the first to reject it

Solve captcha to post