1) China's involved in an exact parallel in Hong Kong so they won't be able to claim a moral high ground.
2) Western media is focused on that and US election buildup plus Brexit, attention from them too will be minimal
3) Typical Muzzie biradar states like KSA, Turkey and Iran are involved in their own turf conflicts over Syria/Iraq/Yemen, they are unlikely to send much material support for Paki efforts in Kashmir
4) Trump is concerned with Iran/DPRK on the foreign front, he won't be adding another to his plate when he already has his domestic issues. The only power that interferes in subcontinental politics, UK, is a meme right now.
5) If the situation does turn bad, loss of face will be forgotten by 2024, state elections will be fought on domestic issues.
6) Making several non allied parties support the bill in RS boosted their legitimacy considerably, once they get majority in RS people would say they just forced it through but now they can show consensus
Modi's a retarded chamar but my estimation of Shah's IQ just can't find a ceiling. Literally 21st century Chanakya, it's time to throw the invaders out of Bharatvarsha to keep with the theme.